Many people avoid the dentist like the plague. Some people do not enjoy having their teeth cleaned, while other do not enjoy learning of their less than desirable hygiene habits. Some people dislike the dentist because they had a bad experience. Many do not realize that their bad experience could be the result of medical error or negligence. Few people know that, like physicians, dentists can be liable for malpractice as well.
If you have gone to a dentist and suffered any of the injuries listed above or have suffered any other form of pain or injury, contact the Miami dental malpractice lawyers at Friedland | Carmona today! Typically, many patients do not understand what actually constitutes a dental injury. A dental injury is any injury caused by negligence or incompetence of the dentist, as well as any intentional misconduct on the dentist or dental professional’s part. There are several different ways a dentist can be held liable for dental malpractice, including:
- Nerve injuries in the jaw, lips and tongue
- Anesthesia injuries and deaths
- Failure to take patient’s relevant medical history into consideration
- Failure to detect or diagnose oral cancer
- Failure to detect or diagnose periodontal disease
- Osteoradionecrosis after an extraction from an irritated jaw
- Root canal injuries resulting from the use of Sargenti paste
- Failed crown or bridge prostheses
- Wrongful death results from dental procedures
- Failed orthognathic surgery
- Unnecessary extraction of multiple teeth and/or extraction of the wrong teeth
- Treatment exceeding the scope of consent authorized by the patient
- Treatment by an unlicensed or disbarred dentist
- Molestation of patient while under sedation
Like all medical professionals, dentists are obligated to perform under a certain standard of care. When dentists vary from or breach this standard of care, they become liable for the injuries that their breaches cause. Malpractice can occur anytime from the initial diagnosis through the follow up appointments.
If you believe that you or your loved one has suffered an injury while in the care of a dentist or dental professional, it is important that you contact the Miami dental malpractice lawyers at Friedland | Carmona today! As a dental patient, you expect that you will undergo your procedure and leave pain-free. If you have been injured while undergoing a dental procedure, you may be left with permanent damage that results in expensive medical care. As a victim, you should not be obligated to pay for your medical expenses. The Palm Beach dental malpractice lawyers at the Friedland | Carmona will fight with the insurance companies and dental practices to ensure that you are compensated for your medical costs, past and future lost wages and any pain and suffering!
Call the Miami dental malpractice lawyers today at 305-661-2008. The Broward personal injury lawyers will meet with you to discuss your options and outline your next steps. Many dental malpractice victims never get the settlement they deserve because they are unaware they have a claim. Don’t let this happen to you and your loved ones. Call today and let our family take care of your family!